Rider Guest/Support Vehicle Parking
Rider Guest/RV passes are sold out. Get on the wait list here.*
*Anyone taking a vehicle on Cycle Oregon needs a Rider Guest Pass (yes, even if it’s just a Prius). There is a limited amount of space and great deal of management associated with this program.
Some riders like to share their Cycle Oregon experience with friends and family members who do not bicycle. Cycle Oregon welcomes Rider Guests and Support Vehicles, and we do our very best to accommodate their needs. However, we deal with very limited space in some of our host sites, which limits our capacity for Rider Guests or Support Vehicles (surprisingly, the footprint for the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle parking area can be as large as that of our Tent City).
Vehicle Registration Fee
A registration fee of $500 is required for each Rider Guest/Support Vehicle. The fee includes access to the services provided at the overnight site including showers, restrooms, beer garden, daily entertainment, other food vendors, and medical tent. It does not include food. Food can be purchased for an additional fee during the registration process.
Please note an important change to our 2016 policy:
All tent campers in the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle area must display a valid Cycle Oregon Tent Tag. Each Rider Guest/Support Vehicle will be provided with three tags. Additional tags may be purchased for $10 during registration and via the link in your confirmation email. Only tents displaying tent tags will be allowed to set up in the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle area.
Rider Guest/Support Vehicle Space is Limited
Because of space limitations, we will only be able to accommodate 35 Rider Guest or Support Vehicles in the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle parking area; registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. This limit applies to all vehicles (RV, truck, truck with trailer, van or car) that are supporting a rider or rider(s).
Important considerations to note about the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle parking program
- Vehicles must register – Anyone accompanying a rider through the week in a vehicle must register through the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle program.
- Car camping is allowed in the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle area if space allows – Some of the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle locations will have grass nearby for tent camping, others will not.
- Rider Guests and Support Vehicles drive alternate routes to each overnight location – To enhance the safety of riders and their overall experience, Rider Guests and Support Vehicles will be asked to take alternate roads to the overnight site wherever possible (directions will be provided).
- Rider Guests and Support Vehicle drivers are not registered riders, and so should not be riding the route each day.
- Rider Guest/Support Vehicle campsites will be as close to the rider venues as possible – While the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle area is not an RV park – more likely it’s a city park, someone’s field or a parking lot – hook-ups (water, electricity and dumping stations) are provided when available.
- Quiet Hours – When possible, we try and locate vehicles that have generators separately from those without. In addition, the Rider Guest/Support Vehicle area will observe quiet hours (no generators) from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. every day.
Registered Rider Guests and Support Vehicle drivers can purchase a meal wristband in advance that includes seven breakfasts and seven dinners. The adult meal wristband is $225 for the week. Individual meal tickets can be purchased during the ride from the Cycle Oregon Retail trailer.
Registered Rider Guests or Support Vehicles drivers will receive a packet in August that includes driving instructions, site maps with the rider guest locations designated, a vehicle permit and a meal wristband (if purchased).
Cycle Oregon has two volunteers who serve as Rider Guest/Support Vehicle liaisons. They will make sure you are well looked after and answer any questions you have during the week.