Joyride – June 11, 2016
Your experience will begin and end at Stoller Family Estate (16161 NE McDougall Road Dayton, OR 97114)
To get to the event from Portland:
- From I5 heading south, take exit 291
- Take SW Durham Rd to OR-99W S/Pacific Hwy W
- Travel 2.7 miles and turn left onto 99W
- Travel 18.4 miles to McDougall Road. The event will be on your right, look for signs directing you to parking
- Please enter the grounds carefully
There are three unique routes available of 17, 38 and 60 miles. Each route will be well marked and fully supported. You do not need to commit to a route ahead of time. Maps and cue sheets will be provided.
The long and mid routes will have two rest stops, with an additional water stop on the long route. There will be one rest stop on the short route. Rest stops will feature fresh berries from Sweet Oregon Berry Farm in Dayton, hazelnuts from Ken & Junes’ in St. Paul, Spreads from the Republic of Jam in Carlton, Dave’s Killer Bread, Kombucha from Oregonic Tonic, Tillamook cheese and more. There will also be water and electrolyte tabs at each stop. All stops will have restrooms.
Rest Stop Hours
Short Route: 8am – Noon
Mid/Long: Rest Stop 1 8am – Noon, Rest Stop 2 9am – 2pm
There will be a number of vineyards along the route. Cycle Oregon will not offer alcohol on the route, nor will we transport alcohol purchases back to Stoller. Stoller wines will be available for purchase at the finish line. We encourage you to ride responsibly.
6:30 am – Parking lot open
7:00 am – Check-in open, Bike Gallery open
7:45 am – Group Stretch by Bodywise
8:00 am – Route open
10:00 am – All riders must be on the route
11 am – 4 pm – Finish Line Feast at Stoller Family Estates
11 am – 4 pm – On-site Activities and services
- Live Entertainment – Jillian and Tyler Morin, Butterfly Breakdown
- Wine Tasting – Sample two of Stoller Family Estates top-wines, including a newly released Rose
- Massage – These are “sports-event style” sessions (short, clothed, recovery massage). $50.00 per 1/2 hour. Signups available at massage tent
- Acupuncture – Betsy Platt, L.Ac, MAcOM, of AcuOm will be available to provide specialized acupuncture and Eastern medicine. Signups available at the Acupuncture tent
- Raffles – Drawings at 3pm, you do not need to be present to win.
- Gift Basket Raffle: You will find a slip of paper in your packet with your rider number. Simply place that number in the entry box of your choice.
- Cycle Oregon Weekend Ride Raffle: Johnson RV has donated two entries to the Weekend Ride. Place the second slip of paper with your rider number in the box marked Weekend Ride.
2 pm – Yoga
3 pm – Route closes
4 pm – Lunch and event close
5 pm – Stoller Tasting room closes
- Deck Family Farm (Junction City) pasture raised chicken marinated and grilled on-site with James Gang (Lincoln City) BBQ sauce or baked sweet potato with chickpeas and tomato relish (vegetarian)
- Fresh sliced Grand Central (Portland) breads with Oregon jams and honey
- Organic mixed greens with hazel nuts (Ken & June’s St. Paul) and Vincent Family (Bandon) cranberry
- Vinaigrette potato salad with Rogue (Newport) gourmet sea salt
- Grilled seasonal vegetables from Kruger Farms (Sauvie Island)
- Hood River sourced pear and apple cinnamon crumble with fresh Alpenrose whipped cream