About the Community Grants Program
Cycle Oregon directs any proceeds from its events to the Cycle Oregon Fund to support projects and programs throughout Oregon in three key areas:
- Community projects
- Bicycle tourism and safety
- Environmental conservation and historic preservation
2016 Grant Application and Award Timeline
- Applications accepted from September 26 to October 31 (at 5:00pm).
- Notification of awards will occur in December 2016.
- All approved grants will be required to submit a report detailing the project results by December 2017.
Applying for a Grant
- Applicants must be a government agency or have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. If you are unsure of your eligibility, just ask us. Alternatively, you may have a qualified fiscal sponsor (i.e., a sponsoring and eligible tax-exempt organization).
- Applicants must have submitted required evaluation reports for all prior grants from the Oregon Community Foundation.
- The request must be for at least $500.
- Projects must be scheduled for 2017.
- Only complete proposals will be considered.
Typically Not Eligible for Funding
- Annual fund appeals and contributions to endowments
- Grants to fund scholarship or re-granting programs
- Purchases or activities that occur prior to grant decisions
- Deficit funding
- Replacement of government funding
- Lobbying to influence legislation
- Scientific research
- Religious activities
Apply for a Grant
Submit grant request and attachments to email@example.com. There is no need to mail a physical copy of the application.
- Click the link to download the Cycle Oregon Grant Application and save as a Microsoft Word document (use the name of your organization or community in the file name).
- Attach IRS letter verifying 501(c)3 nonprofit status if not a governmental organization.
- Attach (in MS Word) project description and application including:
- Project/Program goals
- Budget: include matching funds, if applicable
Questions? Email grants@cycleoregon for help.